Counting

Are you a counter? Do you count steps or stairs as you ascend them or descend them? Does it drive you crazy?

I’m one. I’m always counting. In Church I count the number in attendance, and I am so programmed to do this that I also count attendances at all manner or meetings and events.

I cannot climb or descend stairs without counting.

I walk each morning for about an hour. I count as I walk. Sometimes I count in eights - don’t ask me why. Other times I count in one hundreds, bending my thumbs and fingers until I reach 1,000. I cannot bend my toes individually, so I can never get to 2,000!

And of course I count the paces from my bedroom to the lanai, or from the kitchen to the front door.

It’s crazy. It’s senseless. It’s annoying. But I cannot stop counting!

(And I have some other obsessions too! Mostly about folding laundry! Tee shirts, or boxer shorts, or socks must all be folded in the same way. Towels have to be folded in threes. Dafty isn’t it!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"