My spin before the New Hampshire results.

If I had my way Dennis Kucinich would be the Democratic Party nominee for the Presidency. He is the “leftie” with whom I most identify. But he has already been written off by “the media”.

Next in line would be the southern populist, John Edwards. His heart, mind and soul is in the right place. Let’s see what happens to him after New Hampshire.

Hilary Clinton is a brilliant and wonderful woman. But the press has loaded her with so much baggage. She, like Mitt Romney seems to be an opportunist. If she is the final candidate I’ll vote for her in a heartbeat. She could become a good President.

And I long for Barak Obama to secure the nomination. His Presidency would mark a sea change in American Politics. It pisses me off that so many of my left/liberal friends forecast that Mr. Obama will be assassinated. What does that say about our nation?

On the right? Rudy Giuliani has no coherent message apart from his self proclaimed leadership after 9/11.

Mitt Romney is a liar, pure and simple. He was the most ineffective Governor of Massachusetts in recent years. He has nothing to offer except himself.

Mike Huckabee scares me. Do we really want a President who believes that the world is but 6,000 years old? What will become of the scientific endeavour if a creationist is the American President? How will his fundamentalist views affect American policies viz a viz the near East (Israel/Palestine etc)

And John McCain is a man of honour. He is my favourite amongst the Republicans. I could never envisage voting for him, but he is the least of all evils on the right.

My dream ticket? The two Johns. John Edwards v John McCain. And the devil take the hindmost!

Comments

  1. I don't think Kucinich's problem is "the media," I think it's that he gets less than 1% of the votes.

    Now, I think an argument could be made that the media underestimates Edwards, focusing only on Obama and Clinton. I noticed this as an Edwards fan, which I can't say I am any longer after his cheap shot response to Hillary Clinton's being "emotional."

    Funny you mention your friends' responses to Obama. I am getting a completely different vibe up here in Maryland. All my white liberal friends LOVE him madly, and I've never heard anyone talking about assassination fears. That's interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"