This and that again

A clerk from my Doctor’s Office called this afternoon. Yesterday’s blood tests reveal that I am NOT diabetic, but that there was a “slight impairment” in my blood glucose levels. The Doctor recommends that I stick to a low carb, low sugar diet, and repeat the tests in three months.

There is a bonus. I have already lost more than 5lbs in weight since taking up a new diet two weeks ago.

===================================================

Not so good from my Dentist. Last November I had a root canal. A few days later my Dentist removed the temporary filling, and replaced it with a permanent one.

I was at his office last Wednesday for some fillings on other teeth. I saw another Dentist who inexplicably removed the permanent (November) filling, and then filled the tooth again.

I asked about this. No apology. No explanation. I simply got my money back. I think that I should find a new Dentist!

=======================================================

Friends Lisa and Susan in Atlanta sent me a decal for my car. You can see a photo’ of it here!

======================================================

Our local NPR station just announced that one of its satellite transmitters would be down for maintenance tonight.

“It will” the announcer said “be in use again tomorrow at 5:00 a.m. in the morning”.

Funny, I had never thought that we could have 5:00 a.m. in the afternoon.

=====================================================

I had my blood tests at “Quest Diagnostics”.

In the waiting room there was a sign which said

“For the courtesy of our patients” (what ever that means)

No smoking (understandable)

No cell ‘phones (I get that)

No eating (that’s understandable)

No public restrooms. (wait a bit!).

Does that mean that there is no place for me to pee in the office? I needed that place when I gave an urine sample a few weeks ago. I am glad that I was not required to fill the cup in the Street!

And if I have to stay in the waiting room for two hours (as was the case last Thursday), what do I do if I am taken short?

Am I, or am I not “public”?

============================================

Quest Diagnostic’s office is in a three story complex with a central courtyard. There is an elevator ( a lift), and stairways.

At the foot of the stairway is a sign which reads

“Consult your Physician before using stairs”.

These stairs? Any stairs?

Should I call my Doctor every time I encounter stairs?

===========================================

That’s the way it is today!

Pove

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"