Shall we play a game?
It's very simple. Which one of these statements is different from the rest?
1. "Capital punishment is our way of demonstrating the sanctity of life." (Sen. Orrin Hatch)
2. "President Washington, President Lincoln, President Wilson, President Roosevelt have all authorized electronic surveillance on a far broader scale." (Alberto Gonzalez)
3. "It does not affect your daily life very much if your neighbor marries a box turtle. But that does not mean it is right ... [N]ow you must raise your children up in a world where that union of man and box turtle is on the same legal footing as man and wife." (Senator John Cornyn [speech draft])
4. "You know that old Beach Boys song, Bomb Iran? Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran... Ha Ha Ha Ha! Hee Hee Hee! Ho Ho Ho Ho!!!" (John McCain)
5. "We just want Jews to be perfected." (Ann Coulter)
6. "I couldn't get over the fact that there was no difference between Sylvia's restaurant and any other restaurant in New York City. I mean, it was exactly the same, even though it's run by blacks, primarily black patronship. ... There wasn't one person in Sylvia's who was screaming, 'M-Fer, I want more iced tea.'" (Bill O'Reilly)
7. "And so, General (Odierno), I want to thank you for your service. And I appreciate the fact that you really snatched defeat out of the jaws of those who are trying to defeat us in Iraq." (George W. Bush---last month)
8. I believe that the Bible teaches that when you violate the law of God, that God brings punishment sometimes before the Day of Judgment, and I believe that the Hurricane Katrina was, in fact, the judgment of God against the city of New Orleans. (Evangelical Minister John Hagee)
9. Let me begin by thanking your founder, Pastor John Hagee. I would describe Pastor Hagee with the words the Torah uses to describe Moses, he is an "Eesh Elo Kim," a man of God because those words fit him. (Joe Lieberman)
10. "The insurgency is in its last throes, if you will." (Dick Cheney)
Answer: All of them were uttered by Republicans except #9. Joe Lieberman is still technically an "Independent." For now.
** John Hagee is an extremist fundamentalist Pastor
And I am sure that we could find 10 stupid statements from our spineless Democrats (jmp)