50 is a great number.

We hear so much about the failure of marriage, and of marriages. But it’s not the whole story.

My cousin-by-marriage Kippy, and her husband Marty will celebrate their 50th this year.

So will my dear friends Don and Barbara Hauler.


50 years of marriage! These couples got wed when I was 14 years old, and my favourite brother Martyn was but 4. Next year he and his beloved Wendy will celebrate their 30th.


Back in Pittsfield I greatly admired Ralph and Marjorie Zupanec. They had been married for 62+ years when Marjorie died. And I’d get quite misty eyed when they walked to Church, still holding hands after all those years.

Three of the gay/lesbian couples I know here in SRQ have been together for 50+ years.


Let’s hear it for commitment and fidelity. Those virtues (in the broadest possible sense) make Churches, Communities, and Nations strong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"