Weird. Tripe. Wonderful



My brother Martyn is certain that I am weird or at least quirky. I believe that he is right.

See, for example, the picture above - a record of my autumn planting. Do we not plant bulbs each autumn?


But there is more evidence of my quirkiness.

When I was a kid there was a tripe processing factory within 400 yards of my home.
When the Ford’s tripe works began to process the tripe, the entire area stank.

My mother, on one and only one occasion, cooked tripe and onions. None of my sibs, nor I could stomach it.

It was not so much a matter of the taste of tripe, but its texture was incredibly unpalatable. As was the memory of Ford’s tripe works.

But about three weeks ago I had a “yen” for tripe and onions. I mentioned this to my pal Ben, and he told me how much he liked tripe.

So I made a mess of tripe and onions, (with ham and chorizo) today. Ben and I savoured every mouthful.

Ain’t that weird?


But, before you give up on me, do please view these aerial photo’s of Sarasota’s “Walk for Obama”.


(Enjoy the video even if you do not have sound.)


I am there, somewhere in the midst of the crowd.



And If you are not an Obama supporter, enjoy it for some great views of SRQ.




http://www.dvonkessel.com/obama

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"