Welcome to Mildred, plus "A long and full day"





What a long and full day.


My friend Betsy has been long awaiting the arrival of Mildred. (Betsy and I agreed on this name). Mildred arrived today. Her photo’ is above.

I awoke at 4:45 a.m. this morning at the “Day’s Inn”, near Miami International Airport.

After a quick shower I drove at high speed to the Airport itself, trusting my GPS/Sat Nav. to get me there – which it did.

10 minutes after my arrival my friend called my mobile ‘phone. He had arrived on time from Brasil, via Chile; breezed through immigration, baggage claim and customs, and ready for me about 35 minutes after his ‘plane had landed.

I “high-tailed” it through the airport, from one concourse to another. Five minutes after his call we met with hugs and great laughter.

Then came the hard part: - a four hour drive back to Sarasota. Luckily for he was so happy to do most of the driving.

Back at home, we chatted and “caught up”, then I persuaded him to rest. (He had been travelling for 24 hours).

We enjoyed a late lunch of ham and eggs. Then after some more rest we drove to Longboat Key.

There I rehearsed with the All Angels’ Church Choir for their Jan 6th concert, whilst my friend enjoyed a good walk on the beach.

On the way home we stopped off at Ben’s home for beverages and snacks.




I made a simple dinner of stir-fried vegetables (onions, red and green peppers, zucchini (courgettes in England), and red chard, together with some broiled fish – in this case it was “Grouper”.

(Stir fried veggies and broiled fish are so simple. One can prepare this nutritious and healthy meal in about 20 minutes).




Yes, it’s been a long and hard day. But it has also been so rich. I will soon rest - very tired but also very contented. I feel like a child - one who goes off to sleep without a worry in the world!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"