Am I boring you?

I have not made many recent entries on religion or politics. Nor have I received more than two comments in the past two weeks.


Am I boring you?



RELIGION
is indeed boring. I am wearied by the Church Wars about correct doctrine, or “who is in and who is out?”

All the arguments are at least 1,900 years old.
=================================

POLITICS?
You do not need me to tell you that the current fiscal crisis is global. What else did we expect in a global economy?

But words such as “global” do nothing to help Jane or John Doe, each of whom has lost a job, and has little chance of finding a new one.
=====================
We are in a global mess.
================


Gordon Brown (British Premier), American President Obama, the government of Iceland, the International Monetary Fund -- &c, &c, &c seem to think that we can spend ourselves out of the crisis.


John Maynard Keynes rules!


Maybe he was right.

But spending to bail out Banks and Finance Houses will, at best, do little more than to ease the credit crunch.

What we may be planning to spend is not real money, but printed paper. Therefore I ask: “can we print all the bank notes, dollar bills we wish, without facing the spectre of inflation?”


John Maynard Keynes rules!


Maybe he was right.

Maybe, just maybe, if the bailout paper money is directed towards work projects - e.g., a whole lot of spending on roads, bridges, dams, low income housing and the like, we’ll be able to spend ourselves out of crisis.

Money for bridges may be well spent. Money for bankers will be wasted.


Back to a more personal note, (on a concert which I attended), tomorrow.

Comments

  1. No, you are not boring me, Michael. You put things very well in your blog. How we all come closer to balance in all things is beyond me, I con't to pray that G_d's loving will will prevail through us. I'm a tad overwhelmed by the magnitude of the change needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is never boring! As for me, I tend to read more and comment less. And January was a rather crazy busy month, which cut down on my blog reading altogether.

    If you want more comments, you can always blog about church politics and take a very liberal stand. You'll get LOTS of comments, though they may not be the kind you can stomach!

    I like your blog the way it is, though -- it's delightful! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"