Flying many miles

I have taken three very long airplane trips.

In 1973 it was London to Nairobi (with a 24 stopover in Cairo), but a direct flight back. 4228 air miles

In about 1989 it was Boston to Honolulu. I took a flight there, with a brief stop to re-fuel, but I stopped off in San Francisco on the way home. 5089 air miles.

In 2003 or 2004 I flew from Boston to Beirut, with a 12 hour stopover en-route in Frankfurt, and a three day stopover in Germany on the way home. 5430 air miles.

So the longest trip I have taken by air was Boston/Frankfurt/Beirut/ Frankfurt/Boston - 5430 miles each way.

And the longest non-stop was Nairobi to London - 4228 miles.

Just to think - when I was 6 or 7 years old my most exciting journeys were from my home town of Bristol to the seaside town of Weston-super-mare - 22 miles each way!

I’ve also taken some long trips by train and ‘bus. I’ll write about them on Sunday evening.

There will not be a blog entry tomorrow as I’ll be in Fort Myers overnight, so that I can preside and preach at the Saturday and Sunday services at St. Hilary’s Church in that town.

Comments

  1. I hate long plane flights, don't even like short ones:-) However try living in Australia and having a love affair with Europe especially Germany.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"