When right is wrong,

I have “had it” with “Christian” right wingers

They are wrong.



#1. The Pope is a delusional megalomaniac. The use of condoms does not, as he believes, contribute to the spread of AIDS. He is blinkered, ignorant, or wilfully stupid if he believes this.


#2. Bishop Duncan (formerly of the Episcopal Diocese of Pittsburgh [USA]) asserts that my beloved Episcopal Church has created a “new religion”. He offers not one shred of evidence to support his views.


He simply asserts this, but his assertion is no more than his opinion.

I know not of one Episcopal Church leader who denies the truth of the Holy Scriptures or of the Creeds

I think that the Bishop lives in an un-parallel world of his own ego and imagination


#3. In a recent NPR radio programme, a spokesman for the Protestant “Liberty University” in Lynchburg, VA, (a creation of a fundamentalist preacher - Jerry Falwell), opposed gay marriages or unions , and the adoption of children by gay/lesbian couples.


He did so on the basis of “think of the children”.


He asserted that the children of gay or lesbian couples would have less than a fair chance in life.


I seem to remember that this used to be said about children of “bi-racial” couples. Many folks would say “I am not opposed to black/white marriages, but I feel badly for the children. They will suffer”.


So far as I know, that assertion has proven to be bull-shit.


And I am not at all convinced that all “straight” marriages, and the resulting progeny, have proven to be the best exemplars of family life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"