All over the map

ALL OVER THE MAP

Ben and I did a wee shopping trip today. I needed to donate some items to the St. Boniface Thrift Shop, and he needed to buy some items at “Bed, Bath and Beyond”.

It was good for Ben to be out of his house as the Plumbers were there in full force. He’s had a major underground water pipe leak, so his nice home is in a state of chaos.

(The “State of Chaos” is of course in Republican hands).

After our shopping we went to Sarasota’s “Island Park” and ate a simple picnic lunch with I had prepared - including the so-called “New-Englander” sandwich of which I wrote yesterday. There are some pictures of the park below. I am lucky to be living in a City which has such a place.

[“The Kiss” statue, based on a 1945 “Time” photograph is not entirely popular in SRQ ( but I like it, so there!)]


Ben and I love to chat about old fashioned words. (What else is there to do after you’ve finished “curmudgeoning” about the pathetic Republican Party?)

Today we were on “pantechnicons” see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantechnicon_van

And “charabancs” see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charabanc

There are pictures of these too!

============================


As os 3:30 p.m. today my fabulous dog Penne had not eaten for 48 hours. Like a desperate parent who calls a Paediatrican (English spelling) when her/his child will not eat, I called my Veterinarian. He was not “phased” and recommended that I should cook a bit of hamburger meat for her.

Penne, of course ate this with relish. She needs to understand that this was a rare treat, and that it is back to canned food ASAP.

------------------------------------------------


THE KISS




DOLPHIN FOUNTAIN AT ISLAND PARK



AERIAL VIEW OF ISLAND PARK



RINGLING BRIDGE FROM ISLAND PARK





IN A CHARABANC





ROAD SIGN NEAR WOOKEY HOLE, SOMERSET, U.K.




A PANTECHNICON









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"