Fish Soup


Keith H. became a new friend of mine when I moved to SRQ in 2006.  Since then, Keith has been gathered to his ancestors.

He used to make a fantastic fish soup.  Matter of fact, I’d never eaten fish soup until that first and enticing bowl at Keith’s home.

I’ve since made it, and my version has been good, but not great.

I started a fresh batch this morning in a slow cooker. The recipe was “in my mind”.  I used some “store boughten” (as we say in England) fish stock.  Then I tossed in what I had at hand:  carrots, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms and black beans.  I let it simmer all morning.

Soon after noon I turned the slow cooker off for a while. Then mid-afternoon, I cranked it up again and added some leftover raw fish, straight from the freezer.  There were three chunks of mackerel and two of tilapia.

By 4:00 p.m. it smelled and tasted so good that I was confident enough to call my pal David F., and invite him for dinner.

I am sure that it will not be “dreadful”.  And I believe that it will be a pretty healthy dinner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"