Profound theology

After the Eucharist this morning at St. Boniface Church on Siesta Key, FL one of the priests asked me if I’d be willing and able to take holy communion to a parishioner in one of our local hospitals.

Of course I was happy to be asked, and happy to be available to serve.

The parishioner had just had major surgery. He was having a tough time. His wife told me of other family “issues”. She is an in-between woman, caring for an elderly mother, a very sick husband, and an errant teenaged step child.

After while it seemed to be the right time to share in the holy communion. This I did. The sick parishioner got to be very teary eyed.

Communion ended, I announced that I had a profound theological comment about the man’s health.

I said:   “this is so shitty”. Neither husband nor wife disagreed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"