I’ve lived in Florida for almost 4 years. I still find it hard to believe that I moved here, for at heart I am an indoors person. Yet I am now living in an outdoors place, with an (almost) year round outdoor climate.

My fine dog Penne takes me out of doors at least five times a day. She loves to walk so I follow her lead, and walk with her, even if the temperature is 94F.'

As we walk I sweat a lot, but these daily walks totalling 5-6 miles, have helped me to lose more that 40 lbs in weight since January 2010.

I walk in a pleasant area. It is not one of those awful “gated communities”, but it is an area with little traffic, two ponds, and many good shade trees.

As I  adjusted to this more “out-of-doors” life, I did two things

.
1. I bought a gas grill on which to cook the manifest vegetables which nurture my body.
2. I “skinny-dipped” in the very private swimming pool at the home of my friend Ben.

You are welcome to eat from my grill.


You may not watch when  I “skinny-dip”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jackie W from Fitchburg sent me this via Facebook.


“I wish I was a glow worm,
A glow worm's never glum.
'Cos how can you be grumpy
When the sun shines out your bum!”

~Author Unknown

Makes sense to me!

Comments

  1. There was a good man named John
    Who's birthday fell upon
    The 26th of May
    His friends heard him say
    I will enjoy this all day long!!

    Happy Birthday to you
    Squashed tomatoes & stew
    Stick your head up the chimney
    Happy Birthday to you.

    Bro M

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"