"I spy" --- danger


Who would have guessed it?  “They” are all around us.  “They” are those dangerous spies.
That nice Mr. Cook lives just a few doors away.  We all believed that he was a retired piano teacher.  It turns out that he is a Latvian spy.  He has spent the past 15 years snooping out all the local restaurants, and then sending facsimiles of their menus to his masters in Riga.
Then there is Mr. Marlin who has a fine fish market here in Sarasota, on North-East Osprey Street. I could always buy the very best haddock or cod at his place.
Believe it or not, Mr. Marlin has been exposed as a spy from the Canadian Province of Newfoundland. His spy-masters have been told about every pound/half kilo of haddock and cod which I have bought.
I blame myself. I did not pay attention.
Mr. Cook’s first name is Joshua.  Mr. Marlin is actually Caleb Marlin.
The bible should have warned me. 
Now I have to worry about Mr. Pope who lives but a few blocks away. He attends an Episcopal Church, but always takes his holidays in Italy.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"