A Democratic Party President nominated Jesus of Nazareth to become an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States of America.
Republican Senators were outraged. They complained that:
1. He consistently and constantly re-interpreted the law.
2. He had nothing to say against sodomy.
3. He was opposed to divorce (even for the rich).
4. He was soft on sin, and refused to condemn sinners.
5. He taught that people should care for the poor, the naked, the prisoners, the hungry etc.
6. He had little respect for family values, and was quite scathing about his birth family.
7. He fed the “unworthy” hungry.
8. He told folks to love their enemies.
9. He was unemployed for three years.
10. He was in favour of paying taxes.
11. He thought that foreigners were as worthy as were his native people.
12. He consorted with an enemy Roman Centurion.
13. .He said “let your yes be yes”, and “let your no be no”. (The Republicans at least liked the “no” bit).
Every Republican Senator thought that Jesus was unfit for the Supreme Court.
The Prophet of Al-ah:- (i.e. M-ha-med) was much more to their liking, he was far more “sound” on the place of women and homosexuals.
How tough it must be to be a Republican in 2010. Republicans want to capture the Christian vote, but they are much more at home with Isl-mic law.