2011 ---- a reunion year

WHOOPEE!

2011 is emerging as a reunion year.

Back in February Tom and Susan Harris, with James and Kristen Nerich (Cambridge parishioners and friends) stopped by for coffee as they were en route from Orlando to Ft. Myers.

In March I saw my good St. James’s, Cambridge friends Karen Meridith and Tracy Wells Miller at the School of Theology in Sewanee TN.

Last weekend I reconnected with the Tienhaara boys and their dad – friends from my Fitchburg MA days 1976-1980.  (See my earlier blog).

In May 2011 my youngest brother Martyn (57) and his son Sam (14) will visit me at my home in SRQ from Bristol, U.K.  I can hardly wait!

In June 2011 I will get to see my friend Joyce Vidal-Thornburg. (She and her late husband Michael Thornburg) were dear friends in my Pittsfield MA days.  Joyce now lives in Phoenix, AZ.  She and I will hook up for a brief visit in Miami, FL.

Then in November of 2011 I am planning another great adventure.  It will be a trip to Australia where I will hook up with the Revd. Andrew McGowan, and his wife Felicity.  Andrew taught for a while at the Episcopal Divinity School in Cambridge MA.  He was a valued “Priest Associate” at St. James’s, Porter Square, Cambridge during the time that I was the Rector there.

I will become 67 years old in May 2011.  (That’s not a great old age by today’s standards in the U.S.A. and U.K.  - the two countries I know best).  But as I approach 67 I am ever more aware of my finitely.

With that in mind I rejoice in each of these reunions.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"