Ah well!

There’s nothing like expecting guests to make you realise that your windows haven’t been cleaned in a couple of years, and that your sheer curtains are truly quite dirty.

Ada is a sweet cat, but she decided last night to poop all over her bed. (That’s a good argument against having pets share one’s own bed!) I suspect that Ada had sneaked some of the dog’s food (which she often tries to do), and that it had upset her stomach.

So, I bought one of those micro-fibre dry mops a couple of years ago - ----- the sort where you can take the cloth bit off a plastic template to launder it.  I needed a new cloth mop head, and have been to five stores to get one.  Not a chance.  The mop’s plastic template has been re-designed, and the new replacement cloths won’t fit.  I think that manufacturer’s do this on purpose to make us buy a whole new mop rather than a replacement part.

I am tired of being asked if I will get up early to watch the “royal wedding” on T.V.  I wish that my good friends and neighbours would get it into their heads that not all British born people are fervent monarchists.  The wedding is just about the last thing I would care to view, it’s right down there with conversations with libertarians, or speeches by Donald Trump!

I made various soups during the winter, and froze the leftovers. On discovering that I had six containers of frozen soup in the freezer I decided that this would be soup week.   But I had not labelled the containers. So each evening bring forth a “surprise soup” -  it will be fish soup tonight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"