Manly men and plumber's crack

I was at Lowes ( http://www.lowes.com/ ) today with Aldo Bari, a handyman who will work on some cosmetic and decorative improvements to my screened in porch. 

Aldo and I were picking out lumber, beading, insulation, and laminates for the work he will do.

Lord above, did I feel like a manly man!

I am (as my Dad would have said) “cack-handed” when it comes to tools, DYI, materials etc.  Ne’er mind -  Aldo was the expert, and I was there to make sage comments, to choose styles, to load the store cart, and to pay the bill.

But as I said above “I felt like a manly man”.

I wished that I’d been wearing a tool belt so that other shoppers could have resonated with my DYI skills.

On the other hand, had I been wearing such a belt I probably would have revealed a bit of “plumber’s crack”, and thereby be recognised by other friends who could have been in Lowes today.

(There’s a bit of wry humour here which I’ll leave you to discern!)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"