Great adventures


I have been blessed with so many opportunities to take great adventures.

It all started when I was about 26 years old when I took a CYFA (Church Youth Fellowship Association) via Christ Church Clifton Bristol to Oberstdorf in the Bavarian Alps. It was my first time out of the United Kingdom, and it gave me a thirst for travel.

That trip included excursions through Austria and Switzerland.   

Since then I have been able to savour visits to Holland, Belgium, France, Italy, Germany and Greece.

In 1973 I took a trip to Kenya and Tanzania (with an un-planned and enjoyable 24 hour stopover in Egypt).

Within North America I have been in Canada and Mexico.

I spent some good time in the Honduran Republic (in Central America) back in about 1999.

Last year I was on the South American continent in Ecuador.

And in about 2003/2004 cI was able to spend ten glorious days in The Lebanon – a Middle Eastern country which is geographically part of Asia.

O my golly.  I have been in the continents of Africa, Asia, Europe, North America, and South America.

There are two others: Antarctica and Australasia.

My next great adventure will be a visit to Australia in late October/early November.  There I will visit friends in Melbourne and Sydney.

After that trip I will have visited 6 of the 7 continents.

I have no plans to go to Antarctica.


India, Norway, Brasil, and Costa Rica are still in my bucket list!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"