Name association game


In a spare ten minutes this afternoon I thought about the men who have been President since I moved to the United States.

Then “off the top of my head” I came up with words and phrases which came to my mind for each of them.  This was neither an intellectual nor an analytical exercise. I  did not revise or hone what I had written.

It might be fun if some of my readers did a similar exercise, for U.S. Presidents or for U.K. Prime Ministers.  Please post what you come up with.

Remember please -  this is not for analysis or critique.

If you post directly to my blog I will publish what you submit.  Or you can reply with a “note” on Facebook.


Jimmy Carter: 

A bit of a policy wonk.
Maybe a micro-manager.
Sounded preachy.
Right instincts, wrong sound-bites.
High interest rates.
Iranian hostage crisis.
Successful Panama Canal Treaty.

Ronald Reagan:

Believed his own rhetoric.
Careless with the facts.
Avuncular.
Stupid invasion of Grenada.
Cut and run from Lebanon.
Good speechwriters.

George H.W. Bush.

Genuine WWII hero.
A bit “daffy”.
Whiney voice.
Never “got” the mood of the country.
Shallow.

Bill Clinton.

Wheeler-dealer.
Fast learner.
Very intelligent/smart.
Never a genuine liberal.
Deep empathy for and understanding of minorities.
“Don’t ask, don’t tell” fiasco.
Sexual predator.

George W Bush.

Slick operator.
Puppet for his vice-President Cheney.
Two un-necessary wars.
Smirky.
A rascal and con-artist.

Barack H Obama.

Professorial.
Strangely detached.
Seems devoid of emotions/empathy.
Smart, but few political smarts.
The lesser of other evils.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"