Ecuador again

On September 29th 2010 I flew down from Florida in the U.S.A, to Quito in Ecuador.   I was there to visit with my Cambridge, MA friends Chris and Trish Morck, and especially to be present to Chris when he was ordained as a Priest in the Episcopal Church’s Diocese of Central Ecuador.

 

It was a great visit. I have so many memories arising from this, my first visit to South America, and from my encounters with the tiny Episcopal Church in Ecuador.

 

Now, almost a year later, most, if not all of the Episcopal Church Bishops are meeting in Quito for the regular annual meeting of what we call “The House of Bishops”. 

 

(For historical and financial reasons the two Dioceses in Ecuador are part of the Episcopal Church in the U.S.A.).

 

How I wish that I could be there to enjoy the beauty and vibrancy of the Ecuadorian culture and countryside!

 

How I hope that "all them Bishops" will not take themselves too seriously!

Comments

  1. I share your view on tehis. Two recent incidents, firstly I needed some dog treats one rainy Saturday morning,so visted the local shop at 8.50, the opening time being 9.00. I waited a full 20 mins. for the shop to open & was then informed they were out of stock. The second event was yesterday when I used our local family run butchers. Every item I choose was shown to me before it was wrapped, each time I was told the price before it was added to the bill. When I left the shop, at least five members of staff said goodbye using my name. Okay I had to wait in line for maybe 10mins, but so what when you get such good service.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"