Honouring Vera, Wendy and Eric on St. David's Day

Leek soup was the first course at this evening’s Sarasota Welsh Society’s banquet for St. David’s Day.

I “raised” three spoonfuls of soup.

One in memory of the late Vera Dowden Baldwin  -  a favourite Welsh woman for many of my friends and for me. Born in Risca, South Wales, she had a stellar career as an educator, friend and mentor in Worcester, MA.

Another in honour of my dear sister in law Wendy Povey.  Born Wendy Williams she is “half Welsh”.

The third with gratitude for my Episcopal Priest friend and colleague, the Revd. Eric M Williams, who is a Welshman by adoption and grace.


Nos da



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"