When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers

The planets Jupiter and Venus, together with the Moon have been in a wonderful alignment in the western sky these past few nights.

I oohed and aahed  at them on Sunday (25th March 2012) as they came into view as I enjoyed a gathering at the Bradenton FL home of my friends Jack and Donna Chrisman.

Ooohing and aahing were also my sentiments last night (26th March 2012) as I looked at these two planets and earth’s satellite from just outside my front door.

Meanwhile there was Mars, clearly visible in the eastern sky.

Look west – see Venus and Jupiter”. “Look east – see Mars”.  Cool indeed.

I am glad that I have not lost a sense of awe!

It all reminded me of some words which were written some 2,500 – 3,000 years ago.

When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

(Psalm 8 verses 3 and 4, from the Authorised [KJV] translation of the Bible).

The following photo’s are not that great, but they are the best that I could find on "Google images", and far better than I could take with my own camera.


They are of Venus, Jupiter and the Moon in the western sky.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"