Books


Pinched: from the monthly newspaper “Funny Times”.


1. “Books are fatal; they are the curse of the human race. Nine-tenths of existing books are nonsense, and the clever books are the refutation of that nonsense.  The greatest misfortune that ever befell man was the invention of the printing press” ( Benjamin Disraeli).

2. I think that it is good that books still exist, but they do make me sleepy. (Frank Zappa)

3. I fell asleep reading a dull book, and I dreamed that I was reading on, so I awoke from sheer boredom. (Heinrich Heine)

4. The possession of  a book biomes a substitute for reading it.   (Anthony Burgess)

5. One  always tends to over praise a long book because he  has got through it. (E.M. Forster)

6. I am going to be dead before I read the books am going to read. (Tom Stoppard).

7. Whether it is fun to go to bed with a good book depends a great deal on who’s reading it. (Kenneth Patchen)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"