Pinched: from the monthly newspaper “Funny Times”.
1. “Books are fatal; they are the curse of the human race. Nine-tenths of existing books are nonsense, and the clever books are the refutation of that nonsense. The greatest misfortune that ever befell man was the invention of the printing press” ( Benjamin Disraeli).
2. I think that it is good that books still exist, but they do make me sleepy. (Frank Zappa)
3. I fell asleep reading a dull book, and I dreamed that I was reading on, so I awoke from sheer boredom. (Heinrich Heine)
4. The possession of a book biomes a substitute for reading it. (Anthony Burgess)
5. One always tends to over praise a long book because he has got through it. (E.M. Forster)
6. I am going to be dead before I read the books am going to read. (Tom Stoppard).
7. Whether it is fun to go to bed with a good book depends a great deal on who’s reading it. (Kenneth Patchen)