A fallen man


At 6:41 and 25 seconds (U.S. Eastern Time) this morning (3rd August 2012) as I was walking my dog,  I slipped and fell in my neighbouring  community "Glen Oaks Manor"

I slipped on some sand which had been washed out on a side walk during or recent tropical storm.

I “suffered” minor abrasions to my left knee and to my left arm.  I broke the fall on the fleshy part of my right hand. It is now a bit swollen.

The greater injury was to my dignity.

My fall was observed by two other early morning dog walkers.

They were appropriately concerned, but entirely relieved when I told them that all was well.   They were able to smile when I assured that that I was cold sober at 6:41 and 25 seconds a.m.

It’s comforting to know that had I broken or sprained my wrist these other dog walkers would have been there to assist me.

My good dog Penne stayed by my side even though I had dropped her leash.

BUT THERE WAS A LOVELY KICKER.

 For the next ten minutes of our walk Penne looked up at me frequently as if to ask “Are you O.K?”.

And in those ten minutes I had to stop walking from time to time so that I could tickle Penne’s chin and assure her that “Daddy” was O.K

I choose to think that Penne is deeply protective of her “Papa”.

My fall was indubitably at 6:41 and 25 seconds a.m. (U.S. Eastern Time). For when I fell the “jolt” caused my wrist watch to stop at that particular time.

Later in the morning I was able to re-start my watch.

And for most of this day I have lavished praise on Penne.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"