A semi-scam?


It arrives in the mail a couple of times each year in an “official” looking envelope.

“It” is an offer to test the water from my tap – free of charge.

“Free of charge” – now that’s a bargain!

Except that:


1. I do not believe that my tap water needs testing.

2. I am as certain as I can be that the proffered test would find grievous deficiencies in my tap water.

3. The test would be free – but the “testers” would try to convince me that I am at risk of a thousand and one illnesses, unless and until I install their “water purification system” (at a huge cost).


Sadly enough there is a sucker born every minute.

I am not one of them, but this tantalising direct mail solicitation probably pays on the fears of many folks, and then entices them to fork up many dollars for water purification systems which they do not need.

That’s my opinion!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"