DUH



I had scheduled a handyman to do some minor tasks around my home this morning.

One of the tasks was to remove some old and mouldy grout in between the tiles in my shower stall, and to replace it with new grout.

So I decided not to take a morning shower, so that the handyman would not have to work in a wet shower stall.

I thought that I would have what we in England used to call “a lick and a promise”, i.e. . a wash down at my bathroom’s sink.

But as I took a second morning walk with my dog at 7:40 a.m. this morning (first walk had been at 6:30 a.m.) I realised that I was dripping with sweat, and that a lick and a promise would not be enough.

My first thought was to call my friend Ben and ask if I might take a shower at his home.

Then a light went on in my mind.

That light reminded me that I have a guest bedroom and bathroom, and that I could shower and shave there.

DUH!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"