Busting her ass for minimum wages..



I stopped by my local convenience store this morning.  It’s a place at which most of the employees know me.  That’s cool in this semi-anonymous world.

My wee purchases amounted to $8.73.

I tendered a ten dollar bill, and the clerk/assistant rendered me $1.27 in change, which I shoved into a pocket in my khaki shorts, rather than into my billfold.

When I got home I emptied my pocket onto my hall table.

A bit later I looked at this money.  I saw not a dollar bill and change, but a ten dollar bill and change.  This was too much, for I knew that I had spent only $8.73 using a ten dollar bill, and that my “change” should have been no more than $1.73.

So I raced back to the convenience store.  The clerk/assistant who had waited on me was still at work.

I hastened to tell her that she had given me too much change.

She already knew this, and had “chased after me” (to no avail) as I had left the store
.
She was “tickled pink” that I had discovered her mistake, and had returned to her store to correct it.

I was also “tickled pink” -  for if  I had not so done she would have had these dollars deducted from her pay.

It was the right thing to do.

It was also a joyous encounter between me and a lovely young woman who “busts her ass” to earn an honest dollar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"