Indian Christians in a Muslim Country


Last Wednesday I was at one of the St. Boniface Church “House Church” events.  I was in awe as our Assistant Priest Andi Taylor unfolded her hand made model of Jerusalem at the time of Jesus.

The model included a depiction of the Garden Tomb in which (according to the Gospels) Jesus’ dead body was laid.

Suddenly I remembered an old song -  I am not sure if it is a “Gospel Song” or  a “Spiritual”..It starts with the words “They crucified my Saviour”.

I looked it up on You Tube.

There I found a rendition from (of all places), Muscat, in the Sultanate of Oman.

In that Sultanate there is a Christian Church. (Yes indeed, there is religious freedom in some Islamic States).

The Muscat Church is of Indian origin.

Let your mind be boggled!  There is a Christian Church with mostly Indian membership in a Muslim Sultanate.

That Indian/Christian Church has a male voice choir which offers a fabulous version of “They crucified my Saviour”.

Enjoy this video,  and allow it to demolish some of your stereotypes of Islamic countries and  Indian Christians.

Cut and paste this URL into your browser



http://youtu.be/SBJ8yz2Idqc



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"