Dwelling together in unity.


My heading is taken from Psalm 133 verse 1 which reads “Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brothers to dwell together in unity!”


My charitable heart wants to believe that the Psalmist meant “brothers and sisters”.

I've had three days’ worth of good and pleasant conversations in unity.

On Wednesday I had lunch at the ever dependable “Panera Bread” with my brother Wes Wasdyke.

Wes has had a dual career – as a Medical Doctor (Anaesthesiologist), and as an Episcopal Priest.

He and his good wife Cindy have homes in Nashua N.H. and in Lakewood Ranch, FL.

In retirement Wes is one of the “Priest Associates” at St. Boniface Church here in Sarasota.

He is a fine, solid, and thoughtful preacher.

It is always great to break bread with Wes, to talk about our convictions and hopes, and to share our mutual commitment to the God we know and love in Jesus Christ.

On Thursday I lunched with my beloved Andi Taylor at the Lobster Pot on Siesta Key.

 Andi is the Assistant Rector at our parish (St. Boniface on Siesta Key FL).  She has carried a heavy burden (which has not always been appreciated) since the retirement of the St. Boniface Rector in May 2011.

Andi is a fabulous priest. I respect her greatly.

And I also am very fond of her good husband Jonathan, and their sons Noah and Jacob.

Today I dove up to Bradenton Beach, there to have lunch at the Gulf Drive Cafe, with my pals Fred Emrich and Diana Lee.

Fred and I were colleagues in western Massachusetts when he was the Rector at St. James, Greenfield, MA and I was at St. Stephen’s, Pittsfield MA.  We liked and respected each other.

Much later both Fred and I retired.

 Then Fred had the good sense to marry the fabulous Diana Lee, (who was born of British parents in India, educated in England, and ended up in the U.S.A.)  

They bought a winter home in this neck of the woods, thus Fred and I were able to re-connect, and I met the lovely Diana for the first time.

Whoop – de – doo   Diana, Fred and I had a grand old time at lunch today even though the food was merely “fair to middling”

----------------------------------------------
“How good and how pleasant it is for brothers and sisters to dwell together in unity!”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"