Saturday, 8 December 2012

I have retired again, and it feels so good!


Here is the letter I sent about my "second retirement".

 It was published in the St. Boniface Church, Sarasota, FL newsletter


Dear friends at St. Boniface,

After fifty two years of preaching (yes I  began when I was sixteen years old!) I 
have advised Bishop Dabney Smith of my  intention to retire from all public ministry  at St. Boniface, and in the other parishes  where I have served as a "supply priest".

I love the Lord and my faith is deep and sweet, but after all these years I 
find  the task of sermon preparation and  preaching to be more of a burden than a 
joy.

It has been a joy and pleasure to serve  at St. Boniface from the pulpit and at the altar, and I thank you for this privilege.

I look forward to sharing with you in the  worship and service of God, but from the 
pews rather than up-front.

Yours sincerely in the Lord Jesus,

Michael Povey.

 "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:"( Ecclesiastes 3:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment