I have retired again, and it feels so good!


Here is the letter I sent about my "second retirement".

 It was published in the St. Boniface Church, Sarasota, FL newsletter


Dear friends at St. Boniface,

After fifty two years of preaching (yes I  began when I was sixteen years old!) I 
have advised Bishop Dabney Smith of my  intention to retire from all public ministry  at St. Boniface, and in the other parishes  where I have served as a "supply priest".

I love the Lord and my faith is deep and sweet, but after all these years I 
find  the task of sermon preparation and  preaching to be more of a burden than a 
joy.

It has been a joy and pleasure to serve  at St. Boniface from the pulpit and at the altar, and I thank you for this privilege.

I look forward to sharing with you in the  worship and service of God, but from the 
pews rather than up-front.

Yours sincerely in the Lord Jesus,

Michael Povey.

 "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:"( Ecclesiastes 3:1)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"