My travelling life - to each of the major continents.


I was born in Bristol, U.K in 1944.

The U.K. is geographically a part of Europe, but you’d never know it!  

For instance:

Do you remember the alleged London Times headline  from  the 1930’s Fog in the English Channel – Continent Isolated”?  That was the British spirit. .

My first visit to Continental Europe was in about 1970. It was to the lovely little town of Oberstdorf in the Bavarian Alps.

That was the prelude to many more European trips:-  to France, Austria, Italy, Germany , Belgium. Holland, Greece, European Turkey etc.

In 1973 I spent two good weeks on the Continent of Africa, in Kenya and Tanzania, (with a 24 stay in Egypt).

In 1975 I visited the North American Continent, and made it my home (in the USA) in 1976. My North American visits have also included Canada and Mexico.

Later on I visited  the Caribbean (Aruba, and the Bahamas), and Central America (Honduras).

I took a trip to Lebanon – geographically in Asia, but emotionally in the Near East.

In 2010 I was in the South American Continent- in Ecuador.


2011 saw me in the continent of Australia.
What a life!—Europe, the Near East, North America, Central America, the Caribbean, South America, Australia.
But Lebanon hardly felt Asian.
\

So in 2013 I will take a trip to Vietnam – as Asian as it gets.
Thus I will have been privileged to visit each of the major continents: Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa, North America, South America.

Antarctic must wait for its turn!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"