Turnips and Lawyers


When I grew up my Mum would add turnips to the lamb or beef stews which she often made for Saturday lunch in the winter months.

I was not impressed!  Nor did I care for the parsnips which she added to those stews.

In recent, (say the last twenty) years I have grown to like parsnips.

But what about turnips?:  Are they worthy of praise?.

My good pal Ben gave me some very small turnips the other day.

I peeled, sliced and boiled them and then I sautéed them in a wee bit of olive oil.

Oh my goodness, they were delicious. They were so good that they did not need even the tiniest bit of seasoning.

YEAH FOR TURNIPS!

---------------------------------------------------------------

This morning I spent about 45 minutes with my Sarasota lawyer to make sure that all my records and wishes were up to date.

This was in anticipation of my 2013 - Jan 26th –  Feb 10th -  visit to Vietnam: - it was a sort of “belt and braces” (“belt and suspenders”)  precaution.

I had taken a blank cheque/check, so at the end of the interview I enquired about his fee.

“Not a penny” he said.  “I am happy to help you”.

I replied:  “Thank you very much, but please let me make out this cheque/check to your favourite charity”.

“No” he said, “but you could make it out to your favourite charity”.

I was on my way to Resurrection House (Sarasota’s day shelter for homeless people) where I lead a weekly prayer service.

Once there I made out the check as a donation to Res. House,  in honour of my  Sarasota lawyer, Paul Moran, Esq.

YEAH FOR LAWYERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"