Dr. Grace Jones - and my pate


Dr. Grace Jones is one of my best friends. She is also a wise mentor.
Grace was my Junior Warden at St. Stephen’s Pittsfield.

From Pittsfield she moved to work for SUNY in Oneonta, N.Y., then to be a Community College President in Utah; and finally to be the President at Three Rivers Community College in Norwich, CT.

She is a wise woman; and a great leader. But she has placed a hex on me (lmao).

LET ME EXPLAIN. 
      
A few years ago I stayed with Grace at her home in Norwich, CT.  Soon after going to bed, I got up in the darkness to change an air-con setting.

I went back to bed.  But when I sat down -  whew – it was not on the bed.  Instead, it was on the floor.  In that process I hit my head on a bed-side table  ---and my head bled profusely.

Last night (Feb 22nd 2013) I had a long and good conversation with Grace.

That being over I made some supper. In that process I opened a kitchen cabinet door but neglected to shut it.

Guess what?  I banged my head on a corner of that door, and my head again bled, and bled and bled.

SO

Has Grace Jones placed a hex on my pate?

OR

Should I take greater care?

(P.S I know the answer, and it has nothing to do with Grace).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"