Humour at the polling place.






This morning I took myself to a local Church which was the site for voting in Sarasota's Precinct 125.  We have a run-off election for two City Commissioners.

I didn't notice that there were two registration places, arranged according to the first letter of the voter's last name.

The registering Clerk look at my photo' I.D. -  then, realising that I was at the wrong desk she said

"Oh, you'll have to go to P".

There was a split second of silence, then the whole room erupted into laughter.  The Clerk had a very red face.

Comments

  1. Blogs need "like" buttons, I think.

    On a similar note, my beloved is a medical professional. You may have noticed that they have their own language. When I am in my local department store or supermarket and hear a voice on the intercom say: "Supervisor, void on register 6," I fall into hysterics imagining a supervisor racing to register 6 to void (or pee) all over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, which I don't do often (enough).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"