Busy doing nothing.

This has been such a gorgeously peaceful day.  My contentment level is at about 99%.

I had nothing “to do” except to pray, to enjoy life, and to pamper my pets.

Well, in the “to do” department there was a quick trip to the market to get some Fava beans, zucchini and butter.  But buying “Fava (Broad) Beans” and the anticipation of eating them is for me more of a spiritual experience than a shopping task!

That being understood I relaxed.
 
I finished reading some “New Yorker” magazine articles.
 I immersed myself in a library book entitled: “Finding Moosewood Finding God” by Jack Perkins (Zondervan 2013) . 
The book jacket blurb added (What Happened When a TV Newsman Abandoned His Career for Life On An Island”)
I comment: (It’s a lovely tale).
--------------------------------------------------------

THEN I turned my attention to the T.V. channels C-Span 1 and C-Span2  

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C-SPAN )


C-Span is one of the finest (and underrated)  T.V. organisations.

Today C-Span featured  wonderful programmes about books.

1. I was enthralled as the  Boston Globe’s  Kevin Cullen and Shelley Murphy talked about their new book (which I will certainly purchase) “Whitey Bulger –America’s Most Wanted Gangster and the Manhunt That Brought Him to Justice”.

2. I was intrigued to listen to Marvin Kalb as he chatted about his important book “The Road to War: Presidential Commitments, Honored and Betrayed”.

3.  I was fascinated as ex-CIA operative Lou Mehrer talked about a little known Cold War operation in Berlin: “Operation Gold- the Berlin Tunnel” . See
http://www.c-spanarchives.org/program/Tunnel

==========================================

A.     C Span is a national treasure – a shining star in T.V’s trivial wasteland.


B.    I am so blessed to be “busy doing nothing” on a lovely day in my 8th year of retirement.   AMDG.
C.  In the midst of this I treasure my "friendship"  with my gorgeous Penne
jmp.



j








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"