Japanese Rice Wine, and my Big Fat Greek Sandwich.

Japanese Rice Wine.

I heard that in a small New Jersey borough, just across the river from Manhattan, a local entrepreneur has created a micro-brewery in which she will make all-American "Japanese Rice Wine".

It will be marketed under the label "Hackensake".

------------------------------------------------------------------------

My big fat Greek Sandwich.

Inspired by a Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA restaurant, I decided to make a Greek style sandwich.

I used the very best pita bread into which I stuffed:

1. Juicy chunks of home roasted and garlic infused lamb.

2. Thin slivers of red onion.

3. A few slices of tomato, and a bit of shredded lettuce.

4. 'Twas all moistened with some excellent Greek Yogourt.

5. It tasted "o.k." but not great.

Then I remembered to add some of that crumbly Greek Cheese,  in order to bring the sandwich to perfection.

That being done I exclaimed "fait accompli"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cannot resist my own dreadful puns!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"