Meat Loaf

I woke up this morning with an intense desire to eat meatloaf for dinner.


Here is my recipe (adapted from  the Betty Crocker cookbook)

3/4 lbs ground beef

3/4 lbs ground pork

1/2 cup bread crumbs (shop bought).

1/2 cup thick, chunky and hot salsa.

1 teaspoon hot sauce (I used  "Tabasco")

2 oz mushrooms - any kind, chopped finely.

1 raw egg.

I mixed the ingredients in a bowl with my hands (the only way to do it!); shaped it into a loaf, and baked it on a flat baking tray (rather than in a loaf pan) for 45 minutes at 360 degrees.

Early taste tests say "superb". Good!


So this evening for my supper  I will eat:

Cold meatloaf,

with a chopped tomato and spring onion mix,

and five bean salad (courtesy Sam's Club),

and roasted red peppers,

together with a couple of hard boiled eggs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"