Evening peregrination

'Twas nicely cool by 6:45 p.m.  so I decided to take Penne for a peregrination (or promenade) around the neighbourhood.

The world and her husband had the same idea. This was nice for Penne, she was able to receive lavish attention from some of her friends.

First there was Aldo. He lives in a neighbouring community, where he also serves as their handyman. He was out and about in his golf cart plus trailer. Family members Martyn and Sam will remember that Aldo's wife Enid baked a wonderful carrot cake for our 2011 party. Aldo likes Penne and Penne loves Aldo.

Next it was near neighbours Howard and Shirley. They are snow birds, so I have not seen them all summer.  They too are fond of my dog.  Howard and Shirley have been married since 1946 (in which year I was two years old).

Then we encountered Margaret Ford from Oldham, Lancashire. She has not been out and about in while. Margaret was without her beloved Westie "Sophie". I discovered that Sophie had died last April.  Margaret got very teary.

Finally we met another Sophie, this time a neighbour woman whose husband died about a year ago. She and Penne are "best friends".

As we completed this slow circumnavigation of the pond I noticed that Aldo was hung up in conversation with a man who had been chatting for at least 15 minutes.  I called out "hey Aldo, do you have a minute?"  He sped down to meet me and I said "Aldo, I was simply trying to rescue you 'cause I know you have work to do".  Aldo had already "sussed" my reason in calling him, and he was full of grateful laughter.

We do not have gorgeous autumn leaves here in S.W. Florida.  But a tree known as "Golden Shower" (Cassia fistula) gives us a gorgeous autumnal display of seed pods.  This one is just up the street from where I live.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"