Propaganda versus wisdom.




Hi Pals:

 

Most of what I read and hear  (in newspapers, on the internet, on the radio and T.V. etc.) about life, politics, and current affairs is little more than propaganda  from the right wing and from what passes for a left wing.

In a like manner, many of the sermons I hear in various Churches are also rooted in dreary and deadly propaganda (rather than in  life giving "good news"). 

BUT THANK GOODNESS I can encounter truth from sources apart from the popular media and the compromised Church.

Here for instance is the wisdom of a nineteen years old man.   I knew him and his family when I was a Rector in Cambridge, MA.  Since those days (2000 - 2006) his family has lived through deep grief and trials; and has been blessed with wonderful wisdom and joy.

Here is some of his wisdom as expressed yesterday.



"It can be hard to stay motivated and positive in life, but I'll be damned if I let anything get in the way of who I want to be. I have to keep on moving forward, no matter how hard it gets... and sometimes that can feel impossible. Some things wear you down over time until you can't breathe anymore, and you just want to lie in bed and not do anything or see anyone... because you feel like none of it matters. You just can't convince yourself that its worth it to even get up. True emptiness, ...But that's the biggest lie in the world, because every single thing in life matters, because it's your life, and life is precious, and when you value your life and everything you do no matter how small and insignificant it may seem, it gives you so much more purpose.

I am so, so, so thankful that I have close friends and family that I can rely on when I'm going through tough times, that can help me "get out of bed" and put color and music back into my life. The very fact that other human beings care about me is enough to put a smile on my face at the end of the day, and gives life meaning to me... truly makes me feel whole again."


 

 

Love and thanks to you from your former pastor.    I will strive to learn from you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"