A fast from anxiety

 I was in a tither yesterday.

The news from the Ukraine, from Israel/Palestine, from the U.S./Mexican border (and from  many other places)  was all bad, and  all too dreadful.

My anxiety level was HIGH.   
 
This was not good.
 
 I became so very  anxious

Acting on a suggestion from Rabbi Rachel Barenblatt (The Velveteen Rabbi),  (you can follow her thread at the Episcopal Cafe's "The Lead"  Friday July 18th 2014 -  "What to do when all the news is bad"    http://www.episcopalcafe.com/     I  decided to  fast from all  media and social media on Saturday 19th July.

This means that I will abstain from  T.V. and  Radio news; from internet news, from e-maul, and from postings on Facebook, 
 
I will  endeavor to enjoy an anxiety free Sabbath.

See you on Sunday,

pove,

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"