"Mr. Be Of Good Cheer"

I have been visiting Bill D at the Sarasota Memorial Hospital.

Bill (86) is a former U.S. Navy Captain, and a current parishioner at St. Boniface Church here in SRQ.

He had a fall a couple of weeks ago as a result of which he is in the hospital, because that fall resulted in a broken hip.

Despite this  Bill D is unfailingly cheerful. The word "whine" is not in his vocabulary.

I saw him today (with his utterly fabulous wife Emily D.)  

I told them that I have re-named Bill.

Henceforth I will refer to him as "Mr. Be Of Good Cheer".

Such a powerful example.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"