Nov 30th posting - "Hospital calls to B and F" - and an amazing follow up


Re my posting on Sunday, 30 November 2014  entitled   "Hospital calls to B and F, and deeply aware of the shortness and uncertainty of human life (again)"

(Check it out on my blog, or on my Facebook timeline).
 
What a difference a week makes!

Earlier this week I felt sure that I would be offering prayers for B, when and if  F decided to withdraw life support.

I visited them this morning at Blake Hospital in Bradenton, FL.  

Here is what I found today,  (I can now use their names):
 
 
Well I never.   Bob began to show signs of unexpected but welcome progress yesterday afternoon.
 
He is now breathing on his own , and is clearly responsive to his surroundings, with eye movements, attempts at smiles, and facial responses to conversation.
 
I saw it myself this morning when I visited.  When Frank (Bob's partner) offered a kiss -  Bob puckered his lips!
 
I did not see Patty or Peggy, (Bob's sisters) but Frank is clearly over the moon with joy.
 
I chatted with Bob, we prayed the Lord's prayer, and then I offered healing prayer, and pronounced God's blessing. 
 
Then I went downstairs in the hospital with Frank for an excellent cup of coffee, and a long parking lot conversation.  I am sharing this news with his permission.
 
Frank is grateful for the St. Boniface team, and for our love, prayers, and support.
 
Michael
 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"