Morning bonus

As I walked Penne in the semi-darkness soon after 6:00 a.m. today I paused to watch the first morning flight from SRQ airport,  as  the plane first flew east, and then made a huge turn, first to fly west, and then north.

As I looked into the western sky I forgot the plane and began to enjoy the almost full moon in the western sky.

The moon was shining bright in a gap between the clouds.  It was lovely, so very lovely. (Isn't it so great that the bright shining of  an almost full moon (or a full moon) still evokes delight.

This morning there was a bonus.  As I gazed west I saw a shooting star (or maybe a meteor). It evoked more than delight: -  for a second or two I was filled with wonder; a great antidote to my sometimes jaded view of life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"