Pleasant company at lunch

I enjoyed lunch yesterday with dear friends Jack and Donna Chrisman, and Wes and Cindy Wasdyke.

It was a valedictory lunch before the Wasdykes return to their home in New Hampshire for the summer.

Jack and Wes are retired Priests.  

We agreed in advance that for the sake of our sanity, we would talk about anything but Church.

I was a wee bit concerned that conversation might lag, so I took with me a copy of my as yet unpublished magnum opus, with the thought that if necessary I could read from it aloud to stimulate conversation.

It wasn't needed.  (And we had a jolly good time).




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"