'Tis the gift to be simple (2)

As I walked out with Penne at about 3:00 p.m.today I happened upon some "strangers". 

I saw a youngish couple as they fished from the Gazebo at the neighbouring Glen Oaks Manor pond.

I also saw a middle aged man, as he wheeled a baby buggy in which there were two infants. A small boy (maybe aged three) raced ahead.

Then the small boy stopped, and began to cry.  Something had bothered him.

Without a word, the middle-aged guy hoisted the weepy small boy onto to his shoulders.  He walked on,  with the infants in the buggy, and the small boy on his shoulders.

It was a lovely scene --  peace had been restored.

A bit later I walked again with Penne,  Once again I came across the two guys.

I said to the older man  "that was  a lovely moment when you hoisted your weepy son onto your shoulders".

He responded with "that was not my son, that was my grandson".

Well I never.
The middle aged man was the grandfather. The youngish couple who were fishing were the parents of the infants in the baby buggy, and of the toddler.

Yet it was a lovely scene.  It was lovely to see a grandfather (as it turns out) to be so gracious and gentle with his one generation removed youngsters. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"