Out with the old, in with the......?


Soon after I moved from Cambridge MA., to Sarasota FL.  I bought a new to me (i.e. pre-owned) car.

It lacked one thing: a Boston Red Sox bumper sticker.

My Cambridge friends, James and Kristen Nerich mailed me a shiny new one.

Alas, over the years it became faded and tattered, just like the Sox themselves.

Out it went this morning.




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More than ten years ago I bought and wore  a  brand new blue shirt.

One of the St. James's Cambridge parishioners saw it and said, "Michael, you look very good in blue".

That's all I needed to hear.   So over the years I have majored in blue shirts.

I had a favourite.  I bought it at "Goodwill", a charity store in SRQ/.

I wore it and I washed it.

I washed it and I  wore it,

I wore it and washed it until it was way past its best.  The colour was faded, and the collar was frayed.  I thought about having the collar reversed, but then I realised that the Tailor's fee would be more than the cost of the shirt.

So yesterday  (Monday 26th), having worn the worn shirt to Church on Sunday;  instead of putting it  in the laundry (U.S.A.) / washing (U.K.), I put it in the trash.






Bye-bye shirt


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of months ago I bought a brand new shirt at Target.  It's in a lovely light grey colour,

BUT I will not be wearing it.  That's because the moment I put it on, it will no longer be a brand new shirt.

Is this a male thing?, viz:  hang on to old clothing until it is barely wearable,  but refuse to wear new clothing lest it be spoiled.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SILLY AND TONGUE IN CHEEK ME!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"