At age 71 am I a "snazzy young man'? (NO!)

You look like a "snazzy young man". So said the clerk (shop assistant) at "Total Wine" this morning.

Maybe it was because I was wearing my light blue, long-sleeved, buttoned-down collar "Arrow:" shirt, together with my brand new "Izod"  -  "wearing-for-the-very-first time" golf shorts, and a lovely cap which I bought in Bergen, Norway last year.

Or maybe it was because she wanted to flatter me.  

I did not play into her flattery by revealing my age.

Maybe I looked like a  "snazzy young man".

Indeed I looked smart,


But I wish that this very pleasant  young woman had seen me at 3:30 a.m. this morning (Nov 30th 2015).

At that time I left my bed to "relieve myself"

I walked back to my bed (bum first) to sit down,

I sat down, but I missed the bed.  I fell to the floor.

In this dreadful process I managed to shove aside  a book shelf, and cause a picture to fall from the wall,

I suffered "mild abrasions" to my left arm, and  a bit of pain to my  right wrist,

Despite and  because of  these minor  inconveniences I cannot see myself as a "snazzy  young man".

BUT  IT WAS A "NICE TRY"  on the part of the young woman at TOTAL WINE!!


Comments

  1. nothing like falling on your "snazzy" in the middle of the night, glad you weren't badly hurt.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"