Feeling poorly


I am blessed with very good health, so it always surprises me when I get a bit poorly

Fever, then chills,  Too hot then too cold. Severe case of "the runs". Temp topped out at 100.4

So, apart from driving my friend Ben to the supermarket this morning (and home again!)  I've spent most of the day in bed.  I had a slice of toast for breakfast, and I'll have a slice of toast for my evening meal.

The sad thing for me is that I do not feel well enough to preach at St. Boniface Church, Siesta Key, FL tomorrow,

I must be unwell if I turn down the joyful privilege of preaching

Now at 5:12 p.m. (eastern time) here in SRQ  it's raining cats and dogs  And it's not the rainy season.

In between my sleeping I went to You Tube to enjoy good music.

The following is the Chorus of the Hebrew Slaves from Verdi's opera Nabucco (Nebuchadnezzar).

Such marvelous music, Dad, my sister Maureen, Mum and I would go into ecstasies when we happened to hear this on BBC radio -  fifty five years or more ago.




https://youtu.be/2F4G5H_TTvU

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"